After being charged with aggravated assault, how do I fight the charge?

Asked 6 months ago - Bristol, TN

I was arrested after a whole week of the alleged attack. They say they have evidence but none of which is correct. Supposedly furniture was broken and the phone was broken, none of which is true. When arrested I never got to say my side of the story and I was held for 12 hours before making bail. Never once read my rights, the phone that was supposedly broken they actually let me use to call into work.

1. Eric M. Larsen

Pro

5

Answered . Your first order of business is to hire an experienced defense attorney to fight for you. Try not to post any additional facts about your case. The defenses you may have will depend upon the facts of your case. A consultation with an attorney will give you an idea of how best to handle your defense.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

Answered . You need to hire the best criminal defense attorney that you possibly can afford and not post anything else incriminating on a public forum like this one.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

2

Answered . The question itself , no offense, says that you do not know how to proceed. The answer then, as suggested by my colleagues, is to obtain counsel. Either hired or appointed by the court.

4. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . Fight it by getting an attorney. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.