After arrest, will I see an attorney before arraignment?

Anson, TX |

I am going to be charged with a felony theft case ($1675 cost to replace material) and the D.A. said I will be arrested, will I get to see a public defender before arraignment and how long should I expect before arraignment? The D.A. says it is a probation case if I will plead guilty and he will try to get it expedited. How long should I expect to sit in jail? Also what are my chances of getting an O.R. bond since I am on disability and no money?

If I want to plea guilty at arraignment, will I be represented by a public defender and take care of the case that day.

Have you considered hiring a lawyer? There are many good ones down in Abilen. I suspect Anson has a few, too. May cost a lot less than you think, and when you hire, you choose.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.