After applying for GC in EB1 I travelled to India. Now, have recieved the I-485 but the GC got lost. Can I apply I-90 from here?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lansdale, PA

Applied for GC in Sept 2012. Had to return to India on Sep 28. Changed address in USCIS on Nov 14. However, GC was dispatched by Nov 4. Recieved I-485 on USPS redirected address however GC got lost. It shows delivered on USCIS to my old address, yet, the person residing in that address doesnt have the relevant mail. Can I apply for an I-90 (duplicate GC) from India with application fee of 400 US? or should I get my GC abandoned and go for non-immigrant visa like L or H ?

I am not sure if the bio-metrics can be done at Delhi USCIS ..

Additional information

Also I did not receive an I-140 and AP when I came to India. Can I apply for an AP again from here ? If yes, how ? Basically, I need to travel to US and want to know what are the means available to me.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . When one travels abroad without an advance parole during the pendency of adjustment of status application, one abandons that application One now needs to seek out professional help to get out of this predicament.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Andrew Marino Bramante

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have really complicated your life, and I agree with my colleague that you will need to hire an attorney to sort it out. A lot will depend on how quickly you need to get back to U.S. and whether you have a current or prospective employer ready to file for an L- or H-. There are 3 attorneys with whom I share office space who do almost exclusively EB1's, L's, and H's. Each has 10+ years of experience. I can put you in contact with them if you wish.

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No, you cannot. Your trip to India without advance parole, legally terminated the I-485, and the green card was therefore issued in error.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,453 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,453 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering