After an eviction hearing, how long do we have to move? I thought the magistrate said fifteen days from the date of the hearing

Creighton, PA |

I thought the magistrate said fifteen days from the date of the hearing, then if we are still not out, the landlord would have us served by a sheriff or constable, and this would give us fifteen more days.

1. Here is the law:
    Pennsylvania Land Lord Tenant Time line.

• Hearing must be set not less than 7 days nor more than 15 days from the filing of the complaint Rule 504
    • If the Tenant files a counter claim the trial is delayed to no less than 7 days nor more than 15 days after filing the counter claim Rule 508
    • The Court must enter judgment with 3 days of the hearing. Rule 514
    • LL may request Order for Possession after the 15th day following judgment. Rule 515
    • On or after the 16th day following service of the Writ of possession the constable my forcibly evict. Rule 519

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Landlord-tenant topics