After an arrest warrant is issued and you're taken into custody and bonded out, will another warrant be issued after indictment?

Moulton, AL |

He was already arrested on the charge and bonded out.

I don't practice in AL, but typically one remains on the same bond throughout the case unless a judge orders otherwise.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

You will need to look at the bond you originally posted. In most cases, it will say "Consolidated Bond" on the top. Assuming your case was bound over to the Grand Jury by the District Court, you will not need to post a new bond. If, on the other hand, the case was dismissed by the District Court, you are likely to require a new bond.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. The response given is based upon the limited facts presented in the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law in the States of Alabama and Nebraska. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise. Attorney provides no information with regard to Federal Law except to contact an attorney who is experienced in the Federal Court of relevant jurisdiction. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

If you were arrested on a felony charge, you have 30 days from the date of the arrest to apply for a preliminary hearing. If the district court should find "no probable cause" at the preliminary hearing, or the district attorney moves to dismiss the arrest warrant, then you would be discharged. However, the same information could be presented to the grand jury and you would then be re-arrested under the grand jury indictment. That would require a new bond. Your attorney will need to explain your options and courses of action.