After an agreement has been reached how long does an insurance company have to pay please refer to add. Comments

Posted 26 minutes ago.
My att. Asked for policy limits and the ins. Company responded with a 15,000 dollar offer but didnt include the original policy limits that their client signed in the fax their acting like its a 15,000 dollar limit but my att. Said he still needs to make sure thats the total limit on the policy the ins. Company was supposed to respond by the 12 but didnt I was supposed to recive a check overnight mail at my att. So are they now liable for more or can they take as longas they want or do u think their trying to trick us I need back surgery so 15,000 wont do anything ecspecially after I pay my doctors my laywer was exctied about them not responding by the 12th why? I already signed for the money but my laywer didnt send the ins. Co. the signed document cuz he wanted

1. Your question is posted in the Employment practice area, yet it sounds like you might be talking about a personal injury matter. Frankly, regardless of the practice area, you are asking attorneys on this internet site to give you advice about something that they are really unequipped to do. The issues involved are far more complicated than you have disclosed or can disclose in this Q&A site. And no one here can possibly answer a "why" question.

You have an attorney. Ask the attorney. Only your attorney knows all of the facts and all of the dynamics in play.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

2. I have updated the practice area, so you can hear from knowledge personal injury attorneys.

I agree that since you have an attorney, you should direct your questions to your attorney.

3. Almost always the time between the agreement to settle a claim to the release of funds to the injured takes much longer than one expects, and simply requires great patience. Your own attorney is the best source of information on the process and status in your case.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

4. I am sorry but your post is just a little confusing. Once you reach a settlement, many carrier require a signature on a release prior to sending funds. In my experience, the final delivery of dollars may take a few weeks.

I hope this helps!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

5. Your question is confusing. In some states it is necessary to start a lawsuit before you find out the policy limits, but it would be fraudulent for a company to misrepresent the amount of coverage. Your attorney should be able to determine and is obligated to determine the limit BEFORE your case is settled if it is worth more than the policy limits.

6. The insurance company your lawyer is collecting from has to notify him in writing of the policy limits if their insured agrees to release the limits and in your situation (needing back surgery due to the accident), the insurance company should convince their insured to agree on releasing the policy limits so they can inform your attorney of the policy limits in writing and pay the $15,000.00. Your attorney was excited hoping that it's just an offer of 15000 and it is not the policy limit.

I hope this helped. Good luck.