Skip to main content

After 7 years of separation what do I do to file divorce pro se

Richmond, MO |
Filed under: Divorce

i have been seperated for 7 years now do i have to have his concent to file a do it yourself divorce?

Attorney Answers 1


No you don't need his consent. All you need do is file the petition for dissolution and have him served with it. One party is sufficient for the divorce; or put another way, it doesn't matter if he disagrees.

Mark as helpful

8 found this helpful

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics