After 4 yrs (Papers served May 2009) my divorce is still not ended and now my lawyer is retiring. What do I do now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . While you could technically represent yourself, I would strongly suggest that you hire successor counsel to represent you through the remainder of your divorce action. Best of luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Randi Joy Silverman

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I would suggested that you hire another lawyer to complete your case.

    My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute... more
  3. John Naumovski


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . I would agree with the above attorney's advice

    the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,097 answers this week

3,127 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,097 answers this week

3,127 attorneys answering