Skip to main content

After 33 years of marriage my wife comes home and

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Divorce

"out of the blue" announces she no longer loves me in a husband-wife relationship. She is stopping any and all forms of intimate relations. She claims she just can't have sex anymore since she is "out of love"

Is this grounds for a divorce?? What am I to do ?

Attorney Answers 2


All you need for a divorce is to show there are irreconcilable differences which there appear to be. Consult with a NV family lawyer.

Mark as helpful


You could file for divorce based upon incompatibility. Nevada is a no fault state. The judge isn't going to interested in why you want a divorce (unless you have children under 18) just that you want a divorce because your "likes and dislikes are so different that you can no longer live together as husband and wife." That is the definition of incompatibility.

Your other option is to see if your wife will go to counseling or maybe a doctor. There may be some physical reason for her behavior.

Some people who fall out of love still stay married, because sometimes it's just simply easier to do so. That decision will be up to you and your wife.

Greta Muirhead
Las Vegas

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics