After 33 years of marriage my wife comes home and

Asked over 5 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

"out of the blue" announces she no longer loves me in a husband-wife relationship. She is stopping any and all forms of intimate relations. She claims she just can't have sex anymore since she is "out of love"

Is this grounds for a divorce?? What am I to do ?

1. Greta Muirhead

Answered . You could file for divorce based upon incompatibility. Nevada is a no fault state. The judge isn't going to interested in why you want a divorce (unless you have children under 18) just that you want a divorce because your "likes and dislikes are so different that you can no longer live together as husband and wife." That is the definition of incompatibility.

Your other option is to see if your wife will go to counseling or maybe a doctor. There may be some physical reason for her behavior.

Some people who fall out of love still stay married, because sometimes it's just simply easier to do so. That decision will be up to you and your wife.

Greta Muirhead
    Attorney
    Las Vegas

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . All you need for a divorce is to show there are irreconcilable differences which there appear to be. Consult with a NV family lawyer.