Skip to main content

After 2 years of probation and court for petty larceny..the case was dismissed because of a psych.evaluation 7/30?

Kingston, NY |

I was arrested yesterday for larceny I did not commit..the police let me go pending court appearance.My question:they claim I stole an item I had in my purse...I had it for awhile,Evidently same brand was taken from left.I looked at it...put it back..He said it was cant b enough as I onkly touched it.I was alsoaccused of many other empty container "thefts"..I feel like a scapegoat.I don't want to be judged by my past mistakes and feel afraid I wont br believed.Cannot find recipts for the items

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Get a lawyer and have him get an evaluation of your status.

    Any response I provide is meant as a general view on the subject and is no way intended to be specific legal advice to any individual. If you wish specific advice, you should hire and consult with an attorney of your choosing.

  2. You should definitely bring a the facts of your case to a criminal defense attorney. If you have no money the court may appoint one.

    If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case.

  3. I don't understand what this has to do with a 730 exam. Asking for a 730 exam on a misdemeanor case is very dangerous. You could end up committed for years. Far longer than you could go to jail if you went to trial and lost.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics