Afraid extended overseas stay will trigger stoke interview!

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

When I came back from overseas I was sent to a secondary interview which lasted about 10hours, I was asked series of questions about my marriage and my long (7months) overseas stay. I have filled for the i-751 (With plenty of proofs) and waiting for the biometric which is taking very long (2months since I filed the i-751 but still didn't receive the appointment). I wonder if the interview I had with the CBP(Custom and Border Patrol) at the airport in hindering my case.
Thank you so much for your help and God bless.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Your fear is reasonable. Hire an immigration attorney.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . If you were gone for 7 months ... without your spouse .. you should hire a lawyer and expect an interview.

3. Pablo Husayn Nossa

1

Answered . No, the fact that you were placed in secondary inspection is not the reason for the delay. That said, I agree with my colleague. You will likely have an interview and if you submitted insufficient evidence with your 751 filing an interview is likely.