Affordable Immigration lawyer needed?

Boston, MA |

My wife and I are ready to start adjustment of status and are looking for an immigration attorney in the Boston or the Greater Boston area or Malden, Everett, Medford, Lynn, Melrose, Revere, Chelsea to offer some assistance. We need one who has a payment plan typo-agreement and are willing to pay between 750$ to 900$ for his/her services.

1. There is no question here... Keep in mind that the processing fees Immigration charges to REVIEW your petition are $1,490. Imagine all the hours that go into the preparation of it... Many attorneys are open to payment plans. Think about making an appointment with some local members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association to see if you find a fit.

Boston and Framingham Locations Available
    www.gagarinlaw.com
    508 455 4241

2. Use aila.org to find experienced immigration lawyer.

3. The best approach would be selecting several reputable counsels in your area and discussing your plan and possible fees with those professionals directly. Avvo has an impressively comprehensive database of practicing attorneys by locals and the area of legal practice to initiate your quest.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

4. I think you need to do 2 things

1. Get more realistic in budgeting for this process

2. Go to www.ailalawyer.com

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

5. In my opinion, you would be much better of doing this on your own than hiring an attorney who would take $750 for an adjustment of status case. No experienced immigration attorney that I know would take your case for this kind of money, as there is a lot of work involved. Think of it this way: your attorney would need to spend a certain number of hours to advise you, to prepare and file the case, to prepare you for the interview, to attend the interview and do all the other things that need to be done in your case. If someone takes your case for $750.00, this means that this person values his time at less than $100 per hour (you'll never find an experienced immigration attorney at that rate) or plans to spend very little time on your case (which you don't need, either). If you can't afford a good attorney, you're better off doing this on your own.