Affidavits sworn to or Affirmed by in Form I-751 - do they have to be notarized?

Charlotte, NC |

I am in the process of collecting all the documents needed in order to file for I-751 - removal of conditional residence. One of the required documents is - Affidavits sworn to or Affirmed by 2 people. Does that mean I need to get them notarized? Or would a signature of the affidavit provider suffice? The form does not mention it anything specifically.

Have it notarized! Good Luck.

has to be notarized and you need to provide photo identification of the affiant

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

I agree with my colleagues

Yes. Affidavits must be notarized. Also, the affidavit must include certain basic information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Good luck.

Recommended articles about Immigration