Affidavits and i130 for spouse

Kingsport, TN |

in Egypt itis very hard to find any one to notarize a paper for you unless you pay them like starting out at 20 to 50 le or attorneys can charge you full price of attorney fee so my question is does the affidavits have to be notrized if im getting them signed and filled out by family and friends for i130 to show the marriage is real

In general, If you are attaching an affidavit, it must be notarized. Cost-saving at this stage may result in undue costs and delays later on in the process. You must contact an immigration attorney to get specific advice in regards to your situation.

I understand everyone wants everything for free nowadays. Please comply with the requirements regardless of how much it costs or it will cost you more. Consult a lawyer to make sure.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Yes they should be notarized. You should consult an immigration attorney for case review and case specific advise.

Yes, personal affidavits should be notarized, however, you do not need to submit any such personal statements with an Form I-130 petition.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

If you want to do it right and have better chances to get visa then you should. Also seek attorney's advise on all the paperwork you are filing. Plenty of good attorneys on this forum. Good luck

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. A lawyer-client relationship will not be deemed to exist until such time as a written retainer agreement has been executed by an authorized representative of this firm, or until the firm otherwise agrees to and actually begins rendering services on a clients' behalf.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics