Affidavit of support for my husband when i am not working

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

i have filed i-130 ,and am quite sure they will ask for the affidavit of support allthough im not working, is there anyway to avoid the affidavit and still recieve him here, or, can my husband , maybe even just a friend present there income for his proof of support?

1. Angela Dee Bortel

1

Answered . Your question is missing some important information, such as your status. Also, we need to know it you filed an I-485 or will your husband be processing through a consulate. This is important information to determine which procedures you need to follow and when you will submit the affidavit of support.

Generally, it is possible to also have joint sponsors or use the income and/or assets of other household members.

However, as always, I recommend talking to a qualified immigration attorney about your husband's case to make sure that he is eligible to receive the benefit through you. He may have negative criminal or immigration history that might cause him to be ineligible. It's a good investment in your future.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

2

Answered . You, the petitioner, must fill one out (regarfless of employment). If you don't work or don't make enough to meet the "poverty guidelines" then you will need a co-sponsor.
    Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
    Atrium Centre
    4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
    (954)434-5800
    www.guerralegal.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No, you cannot avoid filing an affidavit of support. You, as the petitioner, are required to file one. If your income is not enough, you must also get a co-sponsor to file one.

4. Neil Ian Fleischer

Answered . I agree, but an I-130 does not require an affidavit of support. Eventually one will be needed though, and a co-sponsor will be required if you do not make enough money

www.immigrate2usa.com