Affidavit of support for marriage based green card

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

My wife,who is American, and I will start the process of consular processing next month. I have a question concerning the affidavit of support. My wife is now working abroad with me since October 2012. Her annual gross salary is 43 thousand dollars. Can she sponsor me based on her job here knowing that it is not a US-based job? Could you please give precise answers over the matter. Thanks!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . She should be fine on these facts. I agree with both colleagues that she would need to proceed very carefully.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . If she declared that overseas job in her US taz returns, then yes.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes, she can show her overseas income ..... BUT ... she also needs to show that she has 're-established' her residence in the USA.