Affidavit of support for green card application marriage based.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

By the time of the National Visa Center stage and when the affidavit of support will be required, my wife will be having only tax returns of the last two years. The year before, which would have made three years tax returns, she was not making any money and we spent it in my country outside the USA. Would that be ok for her to sponsor me still?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Last year's tax return will be enough to qualify if wife made enough income under the poverty guidelines. Only submit 1 year worth if she qualifies.

2. Cindy Medina

4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You will be fine with submitting just the the tax return for one year so long as she made enough to meet the poverty guidelines requirements.

3. Alice Antonovsky

4

1

Answered . It's sufficient to submit last year's income taxes if her income is sufficient to sponsor you. Good Luck.

4. Igor A. Voloshen

2

1

Answered . Last year's income tax returns will be sufficient. The I-864 lists the previous two years of returns as optional. I agree with my colleagues, as long as the income reported meets the 125% of the poverty level (as listed on I-864P), you should not run into problems. Moreover, if her income is on the borderline on the amount needed, I suggest supplementing the application with recent pay-stubs to strengthen the case.