Affidavit of service north carolina superior court

Chapel Hill, NC |

i'm pro se in nc. do i need to file the affidavit of service with the clerk on every filing? i'm at the answering stage and i'm asking for a motion to extend answer. do i file the affidavit on that? do i file on my answer and counterclaim?

Generally, you need to attach a Certificate of Service to all pleadings and serve them on the other party. An affidavit of service is something different. The Rules of Civil Procedure offer guidance on this issue and I've attached a link below to find them online. There are many pitfalls pro se litigants can find themselves in, it's generally best to at least consult with an attorney about representation rather than representing yourself.

This information is provided for general purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created with the furnishing of this advice. Attorney licensed in North Carolina only.