Affidavit I-864

Hicksville, NY |

our household counts 6 this includes me the sponsor, my husband as the intending immigrant , my daughter as joint sponsor and her 3 kids. The total sum of my retirement salary from origin country converting to US dollars and the child support that my daughter gets yearly is equal to $41000. While the form I-864P shows $39487 for 6 persons, Do we still need to write about our assets ?

If your combined income meets the threshold requirement you do not need to count assets. However, make sure you have evidence of the income from all sources and that your daughter is in fact part of your household as listed earlier in the form.

This is not to be regarded as legal advice which can only be properly offered after a careful assessment of your case. Please consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

Suggest you include the assets. You are very close to the threshold.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

If you and your daughter live together you can combine your incomes (she would be a household member). If you do not live together, and she is applying as a joint sponsor she will need to calculate her household size and income separately to see if she can sponsor your husband. Either way, documenting the income sources well is key and it may be a good idea to include assets to be on the safe side.

If all household income combined does not reach the threshold, then yes, you need to look at your assets. Once you get everything together, I recommend you have your packet reviewed by an immigration attorney. Many of us provide a free consultation. Good luck!

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at ConroyImmigration.com. Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.