Advocacy attorney. I am trying to get a Local and Federal ruled changed in US Bankruptcy Court.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have begun this process. It is with respect to Rule 3021-1: POSTCONFIRMATION REQUIREMENTS IN CHAPTER 11 CASES. I am looking for someone who is interested in partnering with me to make the law better and protect creditors. This is pro bono. I would like to co-author some articles about this in law journals to bring attention to this proposed rule change. Does anyone know attorneys or groups that would be helpful to partner with for this process?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Arkady Bukh


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have posted this in the Criminal Defense section of AVVO. You need to repost it in the Bankruptcy section to get an answer.

    If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best... more
  2. Marco Caviglia

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Post in a general forum that deals with legal discussion in bankruptcy law to get leads to people who might be of help.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for... more
  3. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I believe you are citing a LOCAL RULE which MAY differ for every judicial district. (Rule 3021 has nothing after it, but local Rule 3021-1 is so designated). For example, there is no Local rule 3021-1 in the Central District of California.

    If you speak of a local rule in your district, why not approach a law school and have a student partner with you. You may not realize it but the only law school in the country with an LL.M. Bankruptcy program is St. Johns in New York.....

    If you can attract attention anywhere, it will be at St. Johns......

    Curt Harrington
    Certified Tax Specialist -- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization (J.D.; LL.M.-Tax)
    Electrical(M.S.E.E.)-Chemical(M.S.Ch.E)(B.S. Chemistry)-Mechanical Patent (Intellectual Property) Attorney & MBA (562)

    594-9784 ---

    Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

    Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal... more

Related Topics


Bankruptcy is a legal way for people or businesses who are no longer capable of paying back their bills to clear these debts and start over.

Bankruptcy court

Federal bankruptcy courts oversee US bankruptcy filings. Most filers only need to appear in court once, but there can be exceptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,125 answers this week

3,198 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,125 answers this week

3,198 attorneys answering