Advertising billboard for the truth

Asked 6 months ago - San Antonio, TX

Wife cheated on me via-social-media and I have pictures from phone. Phone was contractually in my name thus when I obtained photos they are mine to have access to. My soon to be ex-wife is "playing hard" so as a leveraging point I'm ready to post on billboards around where she works the truth of her cheating. This may include pictures which would "black out" the likeness of the individual or intimate parts that might be considered pornographic for public. Question is... would this be defamation of character or anything of the such? Since it is the truth and not a lie I don't think so but asking attorneys.

1. Daniel Lee O'Neil

1

Answered . Your proposed course of action is a bad idea for a lot of different reasons. If you don't have a divorce lawyer yet, find one that's a shark and will zealously represent your interests in the divorce. Also make sure they can advise you on things like this in more detail, explaining why it would be a very bad idea for you to do something like that billboard.

2. William Paul Jacobson

1

Answered . I can't even imagine why you would think this is a good idea. Sometimes the best advice a lawyer can provide is to calm down and act like an adult, even if your wife isn't.

If you need a legal reason not to move forward, they are numerous. Including intentional infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, harassment, etc.

Take the money you'd be spending on billboards and use it toward a downpayment on a sports car like a normal divorcee.

3. Kendra L. A. Stephen

Pro

Answered . There is also copyright infringement since you didn't take the photos.
    Avoid the added stress .... don't purchase the billboard.