Advantage 2000 - Can they demand what they claim are over-payments on long-term disability for Cigna,?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Asheville, NC

Advantage 2000 Consultants is an organization that works for (possibly owned by) Cigna. They claim to help people get approved for SSD, however, their primary function is to collect over payments paid out by Cigna. Cigna provided my mother with long-term disability payments. Advantage failed to mention that once she is approved by and receives Social Security Disability that Cigna really should have only paid her the difference between the two. My mother was approved approximately $760 for Social Security. They are claiming to have over paid her by this amount from April until October saying she owes them over $5,000. No one had any idea that this company, claiming to help her for free (should have been an indicator), would demand this money.

1. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . Look at the policy and see if CIGNA has a right to claim this offset. Most LTD policies want you to apply for SSD because they end up paying you less.

It does not hurt to talk with a local attorney about this.