Skip to main content

Adult Protective Services harassing Us into putting our Mom in a Nursing Home

Carrollton, TX |

Adult Protective Services came to our house claiming someone turned Us in, when she got there she said then it was false. Then a week or two later she shows up again claiming someone turned Us in again but wouldn't tell Us what. Ever since then our Mom has been in and out of the hospital and skilled nursing facility this woman has been calling where she's at asking what we are going to do with her. Finally we found out that she said we were not taking care of her because she had been in the hospital several times within a couple of months for infections and her blood sugar was to high. This woman is still harassing Us now she has D.A.D.S involved now all with no evidence. What can we do about this ? There is more to this but can't explain on here.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. APS is a branch of government and it has vast power. It can initiate guardianship proceedings and it can refer for criminal prosecution. You would be best served by consulting an attorney experienced in dealing with them. They know they can get away with bullying you and they will.

    DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

  2. Chances are that you don't know what evidence APS is looking at. It may well look like neglect or abuse to them. At this point you should hire an elder law attorney. You don't want to wait so long that you need a criminal defense attorney, too.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics