Skip to main content

Adoption from other countries

Cedar Rapids, IA |
Filed under: Adoption

Is it possible I travel to another country and adopt a child ? I don't want to pay 50000 $ to companies to do that for me .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It depends on the country and if done wrong you could be put in jail in a foreign country. It is risky business.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer