Adoption a 14 years old girl

New York, NY |
Filed under: Adoption

can I adopt a 14 years old girl from another country? or adoption just work for babies? if parents are sick and poor and want to give costudy to one relative that lives in USA.

Adoption isn't just for babies. If you are trying to obtain custody of a child who is your relative, I strongly suggest you consult with a local attorney as soon as possible so you can be advised of all the necessary steps and proceed accordingly. You can find attorneys in your area by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Adoption topics

Recommended articles about Adoption