Adminastrative law judge unable to enforce request...can circuit court judge?

Eugene, OR |
Filed under: Litigation

Hi curious A.L.J requested certain info from both parents i provided mine he did not...i filed circuit court de nuvo request due to this cause info he verbally gave was not correct..he just did nt want his 2nd job income to be included in. CHild support order..finally after 8 months since i filed we have hearing of this matter...since. admin law judge could nt inforce what other parent failed to provide can circuit judge? Can they make him do so..Basically it s. Proof of income be was. Dishonest about as to why he failed to provide info..

1. Your issue is unclear.

2. You need to clarify your question as it is unclear and difficult to answer? If you are asking whether the circuit court judge can make the father provide certain documentation for proof of income in order to set alimony and child support, the answer is yes, you should provide the details to the court and request the father be ordered to provide this information, if he does not the court can make certain orders and sanction or fine him.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

3. I agree with my colleagues - your question is unclear.

You appear to be asking if a trial court judge can require someone to produce evidence of income.

Typically, the burden may shift to you to conduct discovery, which may involve sending a subpoena to his employer for his last three paychecks and his W-2.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

4. I also suggest that you contact the caseworker in your county who's handling the child support for the Department of Justice. The state also has an interest in making sure people disclose all of their income for child support purposes so this information may be useful in getting them to investigate and subpoena records.

Litigation topics