Adminastrative law judge unable to enforce request...can circuit court judge?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Eugene, OR

Hi curious A.L.J requested certain info from both parents i provided mine he did not...i filed circuit court de nuvo request due to this cause info he verbally gave was not correct..he just did nt want his 2nd job income to be included in. CHild support order..finally after 8 months since i filed we have hearing of this matter...since. admin law judge could nt inforce what other parent failed to provide can circuit judge? Can they make him do so..Basically it s. Proof of income be was. Dishonest about as to why he failed to provide info..

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Rachele R Selvig

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I also suggest that you contact the caseworker in your county who's handling the child support for the Department of Justice. The state also has an interest in making sure people disclose all of their income for child support purposes so this information may be useful in getting them to investigate and subpoena records.

  2. Constantine D. Buzunis

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You need to clarify your question as it is unclear and difficult to answer? If you are asking whether the circuit court judge can make the father provide certain documentation for proof of income in order to set alimony and child support, the answer is yes, you should provide the details to the court and request the father be ordered to provide this information, if he does not the court can make certain orders and sanction or fine him.

    Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.... more
  3. Bradley D. Harville

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your issue is unclear.

  4. Michael T Millar


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues - your question is unclear.

    You appear to be asking if a trial court judge can require someone to produce evidence of income.

    Typically, the burden may shift to you to conduct discovery, which may involve sending a subpoena to his employer for his last three paychecks and his W-2.

    If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,375 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,375 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering