Adjustment of status vs consular processing.

Sulphur Springs, TX |

I am 23 and married with a child. I was brought to the US when I was 7 months old and I have never left. My aunt petitioned for my mom in April of 2000. Would that help my case any?

Yes. If you qualify for a green card, you can adjust your status to permanent resident in the United States.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

That would qualify you for 245(i), which will permit you adjust your status in the US despite being out of status, provided you have an independent petition that allows you to file for adjustment of status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.