Skip to main content

Adjustment of status under tps

Boston, MA |

i'm a tps holder, i travel abroard with advance parole and i heard that a can apply dor adjustment of status, please help

I came here legaly and after 3 months a have been granted tps, I recently traveling abroard and i heard that i can apply for adjutment of status, can someone explain me how it's works if it's true please.

Attorney Answers 3


please see the responses to your almost identical question.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



thank u so much


Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful


The TPS allows you to remain in the United States for the designated period. However, it does not lead directly to a permanent resident status. You still have to have a basis to adjust your status, for example, by having a US citizen spouse, parent or child who can petition on your behalf. You should see an experienced immigration attorney to aassist you.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics