Adjustment of Status question about Current Status

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I entered on a visitors visa and overstayed. I have had an I-130 filed and approved. My priority date is about to become current and I am applying for adjustment of status under 245(i). Is it appropriate for me to answer the question about my current status as " Adjustment Applicant"?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

6

Answered . Look at hte instructions which state the categories. it is usually C9

2. Fernanda Nunes Hottle

Pro

6

Answered . I would put "overstay."

3. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . Yes

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

Answered . "overstay" or "out of status" would be o.k.

5. Majid Vasigh

Pro

2

1

Answered . Without knowing more, I'd say overstay. However, I'm happy to meet with you discuss it further with a free consultation at my Tampa office for your own peace of mind. Don't hesitate to call for an appointment 813-226-2144.

6. Emel Ersan

3

Answered . I would say the visa that you entered, for example B2 and then overstay , so it would read B2 overstay

This is only a short advice- you should not file anything without getting the full facts from a lawyer.