Skip to main content

Adjustment of Status 245i Physical Presence

West Palm Beach, FL |

What can I take to my AOS interview to prove my physical presence in the US on December 21, 2000.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Documents showing your presence in the US in December 2000 and January 2001.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Any document issued in the United States that has your name on it. School records, bills, statements, tickets, court documents, hospital records, etc. You can also submit affidavits from people who saw you on or before that date.

  3. Any documents that help to show that you were in the United States shortly before and shortly after 12/21/2000.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  4. My friend, the best thing you can take and should take, is an experienced immigration attorney. And actually get one now so that he can help you prepare for the case. Physical presence is one issue and there are other requirements too. Often applicants walk out with a surprising denial because there were issues about the petition being "approvable when filed" or many other problems. Good luck. Feel free to review us.

  5. I agree with most of my colleagues. You should take documents produced in the United States during that period stating your name and address. ie. bank records, medical records, school records, employment records, etc.. I strongly advise you consult with an experienced immigration attorney prior to your interview so that he/she may review all the requirements for AOS under 245(I) because there may be other issues that you have overlooked. Good luck.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics