Professional legal advice for $39.

Avvo Advisor
Talk to a lawyer

Adjustment of Status 245i Physical Presence

What can I take to my AOS interview to prove my physical presence in the US on December 21, 2000.

West Palm Beach, FL -

Lachezar Vanchev

Lachezar Vanchev

Immigration Attorney - Coral Springs, FL

Any document issued in the United States that has your name on it. School records, bills, statements, tickets, court documents, hospital records, etc. You can also submit affidavits from people who saw you on or before that date.

Shahzad Ahmed

Shahzad Ahmed

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

My friend, the best thing you can take and should take, is an experienced immigration attorney. And actually get one now so that he can help you prepare for the case. Physical presence is one issue and there are other requirements too. Often applicants walk out with a surprising denial because there were issues about the petition being "approvable when filed" or many other problems. Good luck. Feel free to review us.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Documents showing your presence in the US in December 2000 and January 2001.

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

Any documents that help to show that you were in the United States shortly before and shortly after 12/21/2000.

Rosa H Soberal-Vigh

Rosa H Soberal-Vigh

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

I agree with most of my colleagues. You should take documents produced in the United States during that period stating your name and address. ie. bank records, medical records, school records, employment records, etc.. I strongly advise you consult with an experienced immigration attorney prior to your interview so that he/she may review all the requirements for AOS under 245(I) because there may be other issues that you have overlooked. Good luck.