Adjusting status from F1 to Permanent resident

Asked almost 4 years ago - Miami, FL

I filled my change of status (from F1 to permanent resident) on July 5, 2010. I am on category 2A, I showed to my residency interview on october 15. The official gave us the residency, after that he reopened the case asking for proofs that I was on a non-immigrant status (my status is F1). I sent it and he received it on November 1.

I have not received and answer yet. My priority date is January 31, 2008, today I checked the visa bulletin for January of 2011, and it has been reverted to January 1, 2008.

Can this affect my residency?

Thank you for your answer. In February the visa numbers could be a bit better, but what will happen If they review my case in january? I do not believe they will wait until February, Will I have to fill the I485 again? What will happen with my status. Actually I am aos, Will I lose it ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

1

Answered . Yes. If you are not granted permanent residence before the end of December, you will not be able to adjust your status in January. Hopefully, the February visa numbers will be a bit better, but there is no guarantee that they will.

Please see