Adjust from F1 to Unskilled worker Full-time permanent resident visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

I have been doing a lot of research in how to adjust my status from F1 to permanent resident visa through Unskilled worker category that requires less than 2year training. Everything is getting expensive and a future college education seems so far away. My family has limited financial resources and I need to take decisions for my future. Any helpful answer would help. Thank you.

1. J Charles Ferrari

7

Answered . Although theoretically possible, in practice it is not. That category is currently backlogged by at least six to ten years based on current priority dates.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

7

Answered . It will take years for a visa to become available. Unless you maintain valid non-immigrant status, you will need to wait outside the US

www.immigrate2usa.com

3. Gen Kimura

7

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

6

Answered . Difficult to answer without knowing more facts. This particular category is so backed up. You will have to make a cost benefit analysis to see if it is worth staying or not. However, if you do decide to stay, you will have to keep your nonimmigrant status.