Adjudication withheld

Asked 7 months ago - Fort Pierce, FL

Adjudication withheld on a couple speeding cases I have the disposition as Adjudication withheld and so I am filling out a form for work and dont see this listed as an option. Is the a adjudication witheld the same as no contest ?

1. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . In Florida, adjudication withheld on a civil traffic citation is a disposition which is excluded from the definition of conviction by statute. Fl Statute 318.14(11)

No contest is a plea wherein you are not admitting guilt but choose not to contest the allegations. The court will find you guilty in a no contest plea, however if the court withholds adjudication in this kind of a case, you are not deemed convicted nor subjected to points or insurance surcharges based on the citation. However, your withhold is reported to the DHSMV and will appear on your permanent record for at least ten years. This is for future judges and prosecutors to see in case you repeat your offense in the future.

2. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

Answered . No: "No contest" is a type of plea; whereas a "withhold" is a type of sentence.

Most job applications do not ask about speeding tickets.

If yours does then your best bet is probably to go to the following website and print out your driving history. You can do a "print page" for free and have a date stamped non-certified yet official document which can be attached to your application.

Please see: https://services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck/

I hope this has been helpful and wish you good luck.

3. Douglas Holbrook

Answered . No, not at all. with adjudication withheld, once you complete your probation period, the charges against you are then dropped, and you can legally say you weren't convicted of the offense.