Adjudication withheld

Asked 7 months ago - Fort Pierce, FL

Adjudication withheld on a couple speeding cases I have the disposition as Adjudication withheld and so I am filling out a form for work and dont see this listed as an option. Is the a adjudication witheld the same as no contest ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . In Florida, adjudication withheld on a civil traffic citation is a disposition which is excluded from the definition of conviction by statute. Fl Statute 318.14(11)

    No contest is a plea wherein you are not admitting guilt but choose not to contest the allegations. The court will find you guilty in a no contest plea, however if the court withholds adjudication in this kind of a case, you are not deemed convicted nor subjected to points or insurance surcharges based on the citation. However, your withhold is reported to the DHSMV and will appear on your permanent record for at least ten years. This is for future judges and prosecutors to see in case you repeat your offense in the future.

    The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law... more
  2. Michael Adam Haber


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No: "No contest" is a type of plea; whereas a "withhold" is a type of sentence.

    Most job applications do not ask about speeding tickets.

    If yours does then your best bet is probably to go to the following website and print out your driving history. You can do a "print page" for free and have a date stamped non-certified yet official document which can be attached to your application.

    Please see:

    I hope this has been helpful and wish you good luck.

    First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq.... more
  3. Douglas Holbrook

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . No, not at all. with adjudication withheld, once you complete your probation period, the charges against you are then dropped, and you can legally say you weren't convicted of the offense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,732 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,732 answers this week

3,121 attorneys answering