ADIT, what does it mean??

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

I got this email from USCIS “Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.” please what does it mean, l have already done my biometrics, have my EAD and also got my passport stamped by the CIS official. He said l can now work and go to school. Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks.

ADIT = Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication System

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

It mainly refers to having done your biometrics appointment.

Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication System

This means your fingerprints.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.