Skip to main content

Address change of company to new county after filing the labor certification

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Green cards

My company was moved to a new county after filing the Labor certification for me, It is approved now, Can i file for I 140 with the address change as new office location, is there any problem with that.

Attorney Answers 3


It is the employer that files the I-140 petition on your behalf, not you yourself.

I don't think there'll be any problems as long as the same petitioner who obtained the labor certification on your behalf.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Your employer files the I-140, not the enployee

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Your employer can.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics