Skip to main content

Address change in the same juristriction during N400 RFE

Chicago, IL |

Hi, Can i change my house in same USCIS juristriction and notify "Change of Address" during RFE in N400? We responded to our RFE before 120 days and we have still not got any updates from USCIS, in the mean time we planning to move from our current appartment to another house in the same USCIS juristriction and wondering whether it will affect the processing of our naturalization case? Thanks!

Attorney Answers 5

  1. You can legally move but it may delay processing of your case.

    This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

  2. you can legally move, do not forget to fill out form AR-11 and send a letter to CIS where the case is currently pending. Do not be surprised if your interview notice will come to the old address

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  3. Consider hiring an attorney at this point. You should have received a decision from the Chicago District Office. Update your address on You can update your application address, as well. Make copies of the two receipts. Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

  4. Yes. You need to file the AR-11 within 10 days of the change.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  5. You have the legal right to move if you wish. You will obviously need to notify USCIS of your address.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics