Adding my second citizenship to green card processing

I am an Indian citizen currently in USA.I have applied for Green card , I got labor clearance and now I 140 is in process.
At this stage ,I got citizenship from Singapore which I applied previously as I have relatives and ancestral properties there and thought of settling over there.

So my question here is ,can I add my second citizenship in I 140 processing at this stage .If yes , what will my priority date. Will it be based on Indian citizenship or Singapore citizenship.

Your attorney can request "alternative state chargeabilty", meaning for your immigrant visa to be "charged" ( subtracted) from the Singaporean quota, which is. Always current, as opposed to the Indian quota which lately is always badly backlogged I the employment based category.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with attorney Behar

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

The country of your birth controls.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Shusterman. Country of chargibility is country of birth and so if you were born in India, you will be subject that country's quota. If your wife is applying with you and she is born in a different country, you may seek her country of chargibility for both of you.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.