Cincinnati, OH |

If I add a party (Defendant) by way of the above rules, can I mention what part of the claims they are associated in the motion, rather then filing an amended complaint under rule 15?

It depends on what goal you are trying to accomplish. As the Plaintiff, you have a strong incentive to plead as many causes of action as you can and bring as many defendants into court as you can. This is a cause/claim specific analysis. Seek a qualified attorney who can guide you through this process and help you try to achieve your goal. Good luck!

Wesley C. Buchanan, Esq.
(330) 249-1778

I am acting pro se, I am trying to not have to submit a third amended complaint because I am just adding defendants and mentioning the claims they should be associated with in the Complaint. However if the judge approved the joiner of defendants she may order summons of the complaint at which point the added defendants might oppose the complaint because the complaint is not amended to join them in an amended complaint do you think this could happen?

I agree with my colleague.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes