ADA-REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION-HOUSING-CIVIL RIGHTS-FEDERAL COURT-CIVIL CASE

Boston, MA |

The judge in my ADA/reasonable accommodation case surrounding my housing....dismissed my claim and cited the following reason.......(he gave a case reference to)....... "The plaintiff failed to provide their landlord with a sufficiently direct and specific request for a special accommodation" ..... .and another website describing the case said ......it was never made clear or precisely how the transfer of apartments request was linked to or made necessary by the plaintiff's disability. Given the above what went wrong? what did i fail to do as to make the judge rule this way

I was pro se,,,,,,,, I asked for a reasonable accommodation to prevent eviction due to my disability among other reasonable accommodations at the time of the time the complaint was written......

1. No way to tell on the scant info you provided. The quoted phrases are lifted out of context: one a judges reported quote, and the other from a "website"--that is NOT even close to reasonable or sufficient sourcing to make an assessment about YOUR specific case--the facts of which you did not post at all.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. I'm sorry, but what you failed to do was consult with an attorney before getting involved in this case. Federal court is no place for an unrepresented plaintiff.

Disclaimer: This site exists to provide information only. It is not legal advice. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am a Massachusetts lawyer. Any information provided on this site does not, except as explicitly stated, imply familiarity with laws or procedures peculiar to your state which may differ from those where I practice.