ACD still pending dismissal, what are the implications on FAFSA/student loans?

10021 |

Offense occurred in the state of NY.
CPL 220.03 -
Received an ACD. I was required to do 25 hours of service, which I have already completed. I have about 4 more months until the dismissal "ripens."

The question on the FAFSA only asks about drug convictions. In an ACD, there is no entry into a guilty plea so I was able to truthfully say no to those questions. However, I have four more months left of this pending drug charge -- will this affect my ability to receive federal student loans?

1. Key is wording on the application. Does it states drug conviction or drug arrest?

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. I agree that the key wording is conviction.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

3. FAFSA only seems to be concerned with convictions and if one is institutionalized in a criminal facility. An ACD is not a conviction and once the ACD ripens into a dismissal is a disposition in favor of the accused.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.