ACD still pending dismissal, what are the implications on FAFSA/student loans?

Asked about 1 year ago - 10021

Offense occurred in the state of NY.
CPL 220.03 -
Received an ACD. I was required to do 25 hours of service, which I have already completed. I have about 4 more months until the dismissal "ripens."

The question on the FAFSA only asks about drug convictions. In an ACD, there is no entry into a guilty plea so I was able to truthfully say no to those questions. However, I have four more months left of this pending drug charge -- will this affect my ability to receive federal student loans?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . Key is wording on the application. Does it states drug conviction or drug arrest?

2. Marco Caviglia

Pro

Answered . FAFSA only seems to be concerned with convictions and if one is institutionalized in a criminal facility. An ACD is not a conviction and once the ACD ripens into a dismissal is a disposition in favor of the accused.

3. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

1

Answered . I agree that the key wording is conviction.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten