Accused of watching child porn, nothing on my computer. The person making the accusation did so to get even with my fiance.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Millersport, OH

My daughters boyfriend attacked my fiance. He hit him first while he was holding my grandson. The boyfriend ended up going to the hospital where our local cops went and interviewed him. During the interview, after he found out he was the one in trouble for attacking and hitting my fiance first. He told the police that my fiance watches child porn. The police came to my house the next day with a search and siezure warrent and with about 5 patrol cars and evidence truck. There were about 8 officers surrounding my house with weapons drawn and entered my house and took my fiance and put him in a patrol car. Never even told me what was going on until they came out of my house with my home computer, laptop, cameras, and cell phones. Kept my computer and things for over 4 mos. found nothin

1. Peter Stephen Kirner

4

Answered . I see you put the area as libel, so while you did not ask an actual question, I would imagine your question is what can you do to the boyfriend for making a false accusation ?? If that is the question the next question would be, what harm has come to your Husband as a result of not true statements ?? Has he lost his job or otherwise been affected financially ? It does not appear as if he was charged criminally so again what was his loss ? I imagine there has been some frustration and finger pointing in the neighborhood however, and I ask again what was his loss ?

Could you sue the boyfriend civilly, sure, absolutely !! Would you win on a libel / slander claim ? Possibly. What would your damages be that you would be recovering, probably pretty low. An attorney would never take this case on a contingency, so based on the same, how much are you willing to pay in attorney fees to pursue this claim ??

The police should charge him with making a false police report, or something like this ! If they have not done this this weakens your case more.

Consult with an attorney in your area and see what she is willing to do for you.

2. Robert West

3

Answered . What is the question?

Pro

2

Answered . You don't say if they found the evidence or arrested your fiance, but the charge is extremely serious, and he would want to immediately retain a criminal lawyer in your city. Just search Avvo "find a lawyer" to find a criminal lawyer in your city. Good luck.

Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com Phone 215-510-6755.
  4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . And your question is?