Accused of marriage fraud

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Had an interview with the FDNS and was later denied the removal of the conditional green card. Now in deportation proceeding. Does the IJ usually side with the ICE in such cases? I understand that I need an attorney, but are attorneys always successful in 'fixing' this in court? Before I find an attorney nearby, could you advise on what I can provide to the IJ to counter the fraud claims against me? Will the death of a parent be a sufficient evidence of going overseas, hence get me the permanent green card?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . In NYC immigration court the IJs side with the truth and are good in looking for it. if your marriage was not fraud, hire an immigration attorney as soon as possible You stand a good chance to get justice. If the marriage was a sham, forget about it and leave.

2. Karen-Lee Pollak

6

Answered . Each case is different. Proof of living together is key such as photos leases insurance bills bank accounts in both your names are just examples

3. Boris Alexander Palant

4

Answered . You are naïve and it appears you cannot even imagine what kind of peril you are in. Finding of a fraudulent marriage means a lifetime bar and you need a very experienced attorney to represent you. No attorney can "fix" a sham marriage but an experienced one can certainly successfully fight the finding of a sham marriage by DHS provided there are facts to support your position. Your attorney will aim and shoot but you are the one to give him bullets.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Retain an immigration lawyer ASAP.

5. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . If you're in removal proceedings, you need to stop posting questions on Avvo and hire a lawyer. Marriage fraud is serious, and so are the penalties. Lawyers can help to fix cases where there is a genuine marriage. They cannot help you if the marriage was a sham. Although there are lawyers who will make misrepresentations in order to help foreign nationals obtain permanent residence in the U.S., those lawyers risk their law license if caught doing so. They may also face incarceration. You don't appear to appreciate the extent of the trouble that you're in. This is not a speeding ticket. Your actions now will forever impact your ability to come to the United States, even for a visit. Get a lawyer...now!

------------------------------
    The Murray Law Firm
    50 Harrison Street, Suite 310F
    Hoboken, NJ 07030-6151
    T: (201)875-2600
    W: http://www.MurrayLawNJ.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MurrayLawNJ (Follow by clicking the "Like" button")
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MurrayLawNJ

6. John K Lassen

3

Answered . Get an immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630
  7. Altin Nanaj

Pro

1

Answered . Do not represent your self in immigration Court. Although immigration judges are usually fair they will not advocate on your behalf. Hire an immigration attorney ASAP.