Accused of marriage fraud

New York, NY |

Had an interview with the FDNS and was later denied the removal of the conditional green card. Now in deportation proceeding. Does the IJ usually side with the ICE in such cases? I understand that I need an attorney, but are attorneys always successful in 'fixing' this in court? Before I find an attorney nearby, could you advise on what I can provide to the IJ to counter the fraud claims against me? Will the death of a parent be a sufficient evidence of going overseas, hence get me the permanent green card?

Each case is different. Proof of living together is key such as photos leases insurance bills bank accounts in both your names are just examples

but living together does not say much does it? I mean even the fraud committing couples or if one one is the fraud committed without the other knowing still could live in the same address, so how does that not prove fraud?

In NYC immigration court the IJs side with the truth and are good in looking for it. if your marriage was not fraud, hire an immigration attorney as soon as possible You stand a good chance to get justice. If the marriage was a sham, forget about it and leave.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

even if I hire a lawyer to get me out of the mess?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

if the marriage is fraud? No need to hire a lawyer. Will not help.

You are naïve and it appears you cannot even imagine what kind of peril you are in. Finding of a fraudulent marriage means a lifetime bar and you need a very experienced attorney to represent you. No attorney can "fix" a sham marriage but an experienced one can certainly successfully fight the finding of a sham marriage by DHS provided there are facts to support your position. Your attorney will aim and shoot but you are the one to give him bullets.

Get an immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Retain an immigration lawyer ASAP.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

If you're in removal proceedings, you need to stop posting questions on Avvo and hire a lawyer. Marriage fraud is serious, and so are the penalties. Lawyers can help to fix cases where there is a genuine marriage. They cannot help you if the marriage was a sham. Although there are lawyers who will make misrepresentations in order to help foreign nationals obtain permanent residence in the U.S., those lawyers risk their law license if caught doing so. They may also face incarceration. You don't appear to appreciate the extent of the trouble that you're in. This is not a speeding ticket. Your actions now will forever impact your ability to come to the United States, even for a visit. Get a lawyer...now!

------------------------------
The Murray Law Firm
50 Harrison Street, Suite 310F
Hoboken, NJ 07030-6151
T: (201)875-2600
W: http://www.MurrayLawNJ.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MurrayLawNJ (Follow by clicking the "Like" button")
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MurrayLawNJ

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

Do not represent your self in immigration Court. Although immigration judges are usually fair they will not advocate on your behalf. Hire an immigration attorney ASAP.

Marriage and prenups topics