Accused of defamation (& the info is part of a criminal trial where I was the victim) & was served a summons while out-of-town?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

A rape investigation is underway with SF Police & pending criminal trial for a former male colleague. He attacked me while we worked together. He had predatory incidences w/ 3 other female coworkers as well. The company invaded my privacy and sense of safety b/c a manager caught wind and cold-called several male coworkers, including the rapist. He reacte

The co. knows I'm diagnosed w/ PTSD, & I reported the rapist for internal investigation. (The co. contacted NO witnesses, but I have since learned it is illegal to place men & women in shared hotel rooms...). The co. lawyer sent me several threatening emails calling me malicious for going to police & a liar, etc. (Keep in mind, I'm 1 of 4). She sent a defamation summons to PA b/c I put on a public forum I'm oos for my mom's mastectomy.

Her accusations are in direct conflict with the criminal investigation, asking me to "prove" ex. the rapist is a rapist. One time was literally a typo. I said "4 of us were victims of violence or plied with alcohol" when actually he only did so with three, and the 4th girl was different. Her emails were very threatening and I told her to f*** off because her threats purposely were triggering my PTSD (and she has seen my medical records), and she purposely served me while I was out of town when my mom has cancer.

I am not malicious. SHE is. Also, several of these "third parties" she referred to in her summons are to the company head office. I told them a rapist worked in their one office, he had incidences with multiple people and that nothing was done about it. They want me to prove "nothing" was done. "Not enough" was done if four of us were targeted, and he is still employed! She is trying to interfere with a criminal investigation with this nonsense. Sleaziest lawyer ever.

1. Neil James Fraser

1

Answered . I agree with the previously posted answers. However this is not a civil rights question as such as there appears to be no public agency or governmental body involved. You may wish to post your inquiry in another category.

2. Stephen L. Richards

Pro

2

Answered . You need to hire a lawyer to protect your interests.

3. Michael Charles Doland

Answered . You really need to hire an attorney if a civil lawsuit has been filed under the facts you describe above.

4. Panda Lynn Kroll

Answered . Please see my general guide to defense of defamation in California.