Accusation- manufacturing meth...

I'm 40 y/o now, was 35 @ the time, had lived in this town for 30+ years. I'd started working @ the age of 11, out of 24+ years I did not work for about a year after I had my son,(he had neo-natal hepatitis) until he was better. I grew up here, bartended at a popular place, knew alot of people. I had NO criminal history, but my husband had. We were arrested on aFriday, my dad bailed me out on $25,000 bondable bail. When Wed. rolled around charges were filed and my bail went to $75,000. I had a court date for my kids that Fri., so I stopped at my dad's work, said I had to go to court and I probably wouldn't be leaving. Gave him my keys, if u don't hear from me get my car. Why couldn't I be released? I wasn't a threat to anyone, my family and my kids are here, I had nowhere to flee to.

Mount Vernon, WA -

Drue Lyn Kirby

Drue Lyn Kirby

Criminal Defense Attorney - Bothell, WA

That is difficult to answer. The courts look to whether you are a risk to the community and whether you are a risk of flight. Apparently the court felt you were one or both. If the charge is manufacturing meth - my guess is the court felt you were a risk to the public. This has nothing to do with whether you are found guilty or not. You should immediately seek an attorney. There are many including myself who would be happy to represent you or seek the help of a public defender. Don't wait do this now. Good luck

Sponsored Listing
Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Criminal Defense Attorney - Stockton, CA

Ms. Kirby's comments are sound and well reasoned. Do not talk to anyone other than your attorney about this case. Period.