Skip to main content

According to my deceased husband's will, he mentioned that when he died he would give and bequeath all his tangible property,

Quakertown, PA |

including his automobiles to me, if I survive his death for 30 day". Does this mean that I do not have to list his tangible personal properties, in this case would be his wedding band, wearing apparel, and his solely owned car, on Schedule E or other Schedule forms when I file PA inheritance tax ?
Thank you!!!

Attorney Answers 2


You really should retain an attorney or a CPA to help you with the inheritance tax return. This is at least your third question regarding your situation. You should not be using this forum as a substitute for qualified legal advice.

There is no inheritance tax for spouses in PA.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleague. This is a terrific forum for general information, but this is a factually specific question. However, an attorney experienced in Estate Administration should be able to dispense with this issue relatively swiftly.

This is NOT legal advice. The information contained herein is observational and for reference only. These posts are in no way intended as legal advice or counsel. Further, I am not your attorney and you are not my client. I bear no duty to provide counsel, representation or advice to you in any way. The statements I provide in this posting on Avvo do not in any way constitute an attorney-client relationship. Further, these statements are general in nature and made based on the limited facts presented by you, the Poster. Nothing I've written here should be relied upon when making legal decisions. It is your responsibility to consult an appropriately qualified attorney to seek legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics