Accidentally surfed to child pornography.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Stillwater, OK

im 15 I was on the web, looking at porn, which isn't good I know, but I accidentally surfed to a page with thumbnails of what I believe was child pornogrpahy and immediatly my computer went black and i got this message with a couple of fedaeral stamps and text saying that my computer has been on a website with child porn and said to pay online a 200$ fine within the next 72 hours or or i will get arrested. it had a box saying to enter a credit card number and under it a long list of credit card companies and it was real because i couldnt exit off of the page and if i restarted the computer it would relock it and say the same thing. it also said it had my ip adress and thats how it would track me. what should i do? i really dont want my mom to know about this but i dont think its an option.

1. Scott D Harris

Pro

1

1

Answered . A real police investigation will not let you pay a small fine online to avoid prosecution. This sounds like a scam to either (a) make money off you or (b) steal your identity.

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

Answered . Definitely sounds like a scam. I think if the government had any evidence of downloading child porn they would arrive at your house with a warrant to search the hard disk of your computer.