Accidentally scratched somebody's car while parking and didn't leave any details?

I accidentally scratched a car while attempting to park in a Wal-Mart car park. I looked for damage and saw a few small scratches, panicked and drove away, without taking or leaving any details. What can I do, what's the worst that could happen, and what is likely to happen?

What can you do?
Unless you took down the plate number and can locate the owner, you will have little or no chance of finding her/him.

What is the worst that can happen?
Worst case for you is if owner can get ahold of wal-mart video tape, ID your plate, and notify his/her insurer. VERY, VERY unlikely.

What is likely to happen?
Nothing. Ever. Owner may contact his/her insurance company and they will fix hIs car.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, addressing your issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I AM NOT providing you legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Legally, minimal concerns.

If they find you, you could get a citation, in which case, you'd want to retain a local traffic court lawyer to defend you.

Free Consultation. 1-877-258-3083. Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted.