Accident lawyer help me! This case is insane

Asked 7 months ago - Warrington, PA

I was standing in front of my girlfriend car to block her from leaving because the police were on their way and told us to stay put. She didn't want to wait so to get me out of her way she just drove straight into me forcing me onto the hood of her car holding on for my life as she proceeded to accelerate taking off down the road screaming at me to get off of her car which was impossible to do without getting myself killed so i screamed for her to slow down and stop but she wouldn't. Instead, she began swerving attempting to throw me off until suddenly she slammed her brakes causing me to fly off onto the blacktop which resulted w/me breaking my ankle in multiple spots. I laid on thestreet screaming in pain as she just drove around me. How much can i sue for??

1. John M O'Brien

Pro

16

1

Answered . First of all make sure you get the medical treatment you need and then schedule a consultation with a local attorney. Avvo has a nice feature called "Find a Lawyer" to search for a local top notch attorney.

2. L. Vincent Ramunno Jr.

Pro

14

Answered . Time for you to try to find a local attorney, a different girlfriend and if injured, medical providers

3. Robert Bruce Kopelson

11

Answered . You need a doctor, lawyer, and a new girlfriend. This is going to be an interesting case and you need to find a local injury lawyer. There may be a problem getting her ins co to pay because they could argue she was acting intentionally or criminally. Depending on her policy and PA law, this could be a problem. You hopefully have UM coverage of your own that would apply.

4. Thomas James Pivnicny

8

Answered . Based on these facts, you have a claim for damages. You will have to hope that your girlfriend's insurance does not have an exclusion for her actions. Definitely consult with an experienced personal injury attorney.

Pro

8

Answered . Also, if she was charged, ask the DA for restitution.

6. Dennis M. Abrams

Pro

4

Answered . You are right, that is pretty insane. How much you can sue for will depend on how badly you were hurt and a number of other circumstances. As one of my colleagues noted, you can ask for restitution from the court during the criminal part of the case. You should also retain a personal injury lawyer to help you with your claim.

I hope you are doing better now. And yes, a different girlfriend would be a very good idea.

7. Harold Semanoff

Pro

4

Answered . The good news is that you are entitled to sue her for your pain and suffering,any unpaid medical expenses, lost wages and punitive damages for her actions. The bad news, is there will likely be no insurance coverage since this was not an "Accident" but and "intentional Act". You should consult with a personal injury lawyer to protect your rights.

8. Patrick William Murray

Pro

4

Answered . Your first concern is to take care of your medical treatment and health. I also assume there are police investigations which will be important to cooperate with. As for the personal injury case, I recommend consulting with a local injury attorney. There appear to be several legal issues to discuss. As for your question on value, there are a number of factors including your recovery, wage loss, medical bills and more. So, it is impossible to know the value at this point, but an experienced attorney will know how to document the file as these issues get sorted out.

9. Leo M. Flynn

3

Answered . Best to you sir, as you appear to need it. I live in Warrington and practice in Philadelphia and the counties. You must have a thorough assessment of your situation performed by someone who knows insurance claims as well as personal injury damages.