Skip to main content

Accident car/motorcycle

Venice, FL |

I was riding my motorcycle a car hit me he has insurance,,, my wife has insurance on her motorcycle and I'm on the policy and covered if I ride her motorcycle does that policy cover me for the accident even though I have no insurance on my motorcycle?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


The coverages will have different rules. So coverage for property damage will have different coverage rules than the uninsured motorist coverage, which may be different from the medical payments coverage. An attorney has to review your policy to determine the coverage available. Also, do you have an automobile policy? That may come into play also.

I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.


Insurance coverages and who they apply to can be very tricky. Consult an attorney with a copy of the policies to investigate. One thong is for sure, the insurance for the person that struck you without a doubt applies to you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


You are likely going to need help from an attorney on this one. There are several questions that need to be answered to give you a complete and thorough answer. The important thing right now is getting you in for medical treatment to document your injuries. If you would like, you can call me toll free at 1-877-SUE-THEM for a free consultation.


The coverage available to you on your wife's policy will be detailed in the language of the policy itself. If the vehicle that struck you was at fault however, you may have a claim for damages against that driver (and the owner of the vehicle as well). You should consult with an attorney to determine what benefits your policy will provide and to explore the possible claims against the other vehicle involved.


A local lawyer would need to review the insurance coverage. Call one of the lawyers above in your state to do so.


Depends on the insurance policy language. Bring the policy to an insurance coverage attorney. It may be worth it to pay an experienced attorney to review it. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


You should be able to find a personal injury attorney who will review it and evaluate the claim with a free consultation. Try Morgan and Morgan.


You need to maintain your medical treatment and seek a free consultation from a local personal injury attorney to review and help you further in your case. Best of luck.


Any possibly applicable insurance policies will need to be reviewed by an attorney in light of the facts of this accident.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer