Skip to main content

Accessory to armed robbery, what could the charge be lowered to? how much time would I do? could it get dropped?

Fort Worth, TX |

I was giving a friend a ride a few months back and come to find out he stole from walmart.. I did not know he was going in to steal and when he came out he just told me to drive, I didnt know what was going on, well a month later 2 detectives show up because they got my license plate and asked me about it of course I was scared so I denied knowing him... they came back a month later and arrested me for felony robbery because they had caught the guy, what can I do about this? is there a way that it can get off my record since it is my first charge? they said it is agg robbery because he tried to fight the loss prevention person

Attorney Answers 5

  1. An accessory is just as responsible as the principal and can be charged with the principal's crime which is what happened to you. However if you just did something to aid him after he committed the crime you may be an accessory after the fact which carries lesser penalties. Based on what you have asked this is not going to get dropped.

  2. A party to the commission of an offense is as responsible as the main person under the law. You are being charged with a first degree felony, which is the same level of crime as a murder. Fighting loss prevention would make a shoplifting a robbery, but not aggravated robbery, so I can tell there is more information than this. Call around to defense attorneys in your area and line one up. You need someone good to fight for you.

  3. I'm not licensed in TX or otherwise familiar with its laws and procedures, but what I have to say doesn't require that type of knowledge. First let me say I agree with the first two responses you've received here. My real focus is a bit different, and I will start with a question for you. "Why, when you have been charged with a serious felony, are you looking for answers on the Internet?" How is anything we say here going to charge your circumstance and the risk you run of a long stretch of incarceration? Use your time productively by interviewing candidates for the job of representing you in criminal court. Hire the very best lawyer you and others can afford for this hugely important project. Hopefully you will receive responses from one or more of the highly qualified criminal defense attorneys from your state who participate here. In the meantime use this website's "Find a Lawyer" feature. Do not post anymore information on this public website or anywhere else on the Internet. Get serious now, there's a whole lot at stake.

  4. The advice on this forum is no substitute for the counsel you already have. Nor is it something to be used to test your attorney's knowledge. Even though you will have to wait to speak with your attorney on this matter, it is best that you do and not post anything on this forum that may convict you. Take Care!

  5. Simple answer: everyone here is correct. Its possible to get charged reduced. I have no idea how likely. It depends on evidence against you, your attorney and DA mostly. Getting all this off your record...? Not likely unless charge is dismissed... or u are acquitted at trial.

    BEST ANSWER I got....and I hope I was HELPFUL! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Violent crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics